- Professeur des Universités and Head Leader of the Lab
Valérie Heitz is Professor at the Chemistry Department of the University of Strasbourg. She obtained her PhD degree with Prof. J.P. Sauvage in 1992. After post-doctoral studies with Pr. A. Harriman (University of Austin, USA) she was appointed assistant professor at the University of Strasbourg. She was then involved, in the group of J.-P. Sauvage, in many projects involving catenanes and rotaxanes for artificial photosynthesis and molecular machines.
Since 2010, she is the leader of the “Laboratoire de Synthèse des Assemblages Moléculaires Multifonctionnels”. Her main interests include supramolecular coordination chemistry, the design of multicomponent systems incorporating porphyrins, switchable systems, stimuli-responsive nanoreceptors and bifunctional molecules for theranostic applications.
- Representative publications
1. Molecular photosensitisers for two-photon photodynamic therapy
F. Bolze, S. Jenni, A. Sour, V.Heitz, Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 12857-12877. (Feature article)
2. Chemically-induced breathing of flexible porphyrinic covalent cages
L. Schoepff, L. Kocher, S. Durot, V. Heitz, J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 5845–5851.
3. A theranostic agent combining a two-photon–absorbing photosensitizer for photodynamic therapy and a gadolinium(III) complex for MRI detection
J. Schmitt, V. Heitz, A. Sour, F. Bolze, P. Kessler, L. Flamigni, B. Ventura, C. Bonnet, E. Tóth, Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 2775-2786
4. Control of the cavity size of flexible covalent cages by silver coordination to the peripheral binding sites
L. Kocher, S. Durot, V. Heitz, Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 13181-13184.
5. Diketopyrrolopyrrole-porphyrin conjugates with high two-photon absorption and singlet oxygen generation for two-photon photodynamic therapy
J. Schmitt, V. Heitz, S. Sour, F. Bolze, H. Ftouni, J.-F. Nicoud, L. Flamigni, B. Ventura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 169-173.